Tuesday 10 September 2013

200th post: Reinventing my 1500 point list.


I never thought I would see he day that I have posted 200 times. IT has almost taken me 2 years but here I am, and I would like to thank all of you for your comments, views and followings. Really I would never have had the patience to carry on if it wasn’t for all of you so thank you, every last one of you. I am not going to do anything special for this land mark, but soon the blog turns 2 years old, so maybe i will do something for it then. We shall see. Any way onto the actual content.


Now for those who have been following my Eldar lists changes, it appears that I have been a bad boy with my last one which turned out to be a “little” bit over the points limit. I didn’t realise this until I had all ready played the games so that was my bad. So now I cannot evolve that list any more as it’s not even legal, I could just drop a few units and see how it does but honestly I don’t want to, I want to try something new. And with this being the 200th post I thought I would go a little crazy. For a while I have been thinking that guardians are good, cheap and have the potential to be killy. Now that being said I haven’t done much with that thought. So this evolution will follow that route a little more. It might not work, I am aware of this, but that’s the fun in experimenting now isn’t it.

Eldar 1495 ‘Guardian force’

Farseer – 100 (Warlord)

Spiritseer – 70

Warlock – 40
Singing spear

10 Storm guardians – 110
2 x fusion guns

Wave serpent – 160
Twin-linked scatter laser, shuriken cannon, holo field

10 Guardian defenders – 90

Wave serpent – 160
Twin-linked scatter laser, shuriken cannon, holo field

10 Guardian defenders – 110
Bright lance

Crimson hunter – 160

5 Warp spiders – 95

3 War walkers – 210
Scatter lasers

5 Dark reapers – 190
Starshot


An unorthodox list I must say but I think it has potential, with the resilience of the wave serpents and the sheer volume of shots they can put out if needed should hopefully be able to take a flank, then unloading the guardians in cover will give me a strong footing. The war walkers and dark reapers will chill at the back with the guardians with heavy weapon.

The HQ choices are simple, the put the spiritseer with the guardians at the back to grant them conceal, and they will be in cover so they should get at least a 3+ cover save. Any other powers he gets are just a bonus. The farseer will also be in that unit but I will be picking my powers from Runes of fate first, if I get a bad roll I will swap it for guide, if I get fortune or doom I will keep them and roll again. The 3rd power will be from divination and regardless I will swap it for prescience. This will allow me to boost the output of both the dark reapers and war walkers every turn. That many shots re-rolling to hit is going to hurt a hell of a lot (I hope). The warlock will be with the storm guardians to add to the anti-tank ability as well as possibly adding in a useful power (but I doubt it at LD 8). For 40 points though I’m starting to re-think adding him, as I could potentially get better elsewhere. But I will keep him and see what happens in the games.

The Dark reapers in themselves are a little expensive, 190 points for a 5 man unit, but I have been having great success with the 4 man unit so I will see If adding another model will boost their effectiveness significantly. If it doesn’t in future I will just drop them back down to 4.

My first game with this list will up against Deathguard Chaos space marines, so place your bets now, and let me know what you think of the list.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the double century! Keep up the great work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 200 posts!

    How has the Crimson Hunter worked for you? Initially I thought it would be Bolter bait and die to a bunch of RFing Str 4 shots or the stray Drop Pod (I have the worst luck!).

    I think your list is very balanced and has a lot of things going for it. Your shooting is very impressive in the list. Look forward to seeing some battle reports with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crimson hunter hasn't been to bad, its been shot down a few times but over all i am happy with its results. Its anti tank weapons and great ability to destroy flyers just makes it a very tempting choice. Not an auto-include, but very tempting.

      Delete
    2. Do you feel 8 Warp Spiders are just as good and more survivable? I know they aren't Str 8 or have the Lances, but a trade out on the Serpents could handle that.

      Delete