Tuesday 13 November 2012

Second stage of evolution: the next step




So it’s that time again where I have to go over my list and see what I can do to improve it. This is always a bit of a struggle as I'm never sure what would be the obvious choice to improve the list, but here we go...


Let’s start with the current list that I am using, it’s a short ranged mech list that was won 1 and lost 2. So it’s not great.  

Eldar 1499

Farseer – 148 (warlord – divide and conquer) w/ guardians
Runes of warding, runes of witness, spirit stones, singing spear, Guide, Doom

10 Guardians - 95
Scatter laser

10 Guardians - 95
scatter laser

10 Dire avengers - 120

Wave serpent - 115
scatter laser

6 Fire dragons - 96

Wave serpent - 115
scatter laser

6 Fire dragons - 96

Falcon - 135
Missile launcher

3 War walkers - 180
scatter laser x 6

Haemonculus - 55
venom blade

7 Wyches - 84
haywire grenades

Raider - 60

Ravager - 105

From my 3 games the issues that came up where:
·         Bad deployment/tactics: this will just sort its self out over time, nothing to do with the list for now. Stay hidden and take advantage when I can.
·         Wych misuse: the wyches struggled at the beginning as I didn’t throw them at my enemy, this is getting better.
·         Guardians weakness: they are struggling to be first pick of the troops choice so maybe I should look elsewhere.
·         Fire dragons too short: Using them as a suicide unit isn’t great so maybe I should swap them out for wraith guard or something else.
·         Wave serpents: Expensive and doesn’t have much damage output. But what else can I pick from?
·         Farseer: the powers aren’t great, let’s use book powers!!

So let’s see what I can do with this, new list time!

Farseer – 140
Runes of witness, Runes of warding, Spirit stones, guide, mind war (just to swap)

Karandras - 215

6 Pathfinders – 144

10 Dire avengers – 120

3 War walkers – 180
6 x scatter laser

6 Fire dragons – 96

5 Wraith guard – 200
warlock

Wave serpent – 115
Scatter laser

Falcon – 135
Missile launcher

Fire prism – 115

Total: 1460

This is a very expensive list and looses the allies and have 40 points left to spend. I did enjoy having the dark eldar in my list so maybe this is too expensive. The wraith guard are very expensive for what they do, I could have 12 dragons for 5 wraith... I'm not sure it worth it. The addition of kharandras was just because i wrote that article months ago about how they have improved and not listed him on my blog. So I'm going to try him out this list. So maybe I should take another shot at this list.

Farseer – 140
Runes of witness, Runes of warding, Spirit stones, guide, mind war (just to swap)

Karandras - 215

6 Pathfinders – 144

8 Dire avengers – 96

3 War walkers – 180
6 x scatter laser

6 Fire dragons – 96

6 Fire dragons – 96

Wave serpent – 115
Scatter laser

Falcon – 135
Missile launcher

Total: 1217

Dark Eldar

Haemonculus – 55
Venom blade

5 wyches – 60
Haywire grenades

Venom – 65
2 x splinter cannon

10 Warriors – 110
Splinter cannon, syberite

Ravager – 105
3 x dark lance

Total: 395

Grand Total: 1612

So this list still need to be tinkered with, I need to drop 112 points, but otherwise I'm happy with the concept of the list. Swapping the guardians for the dark eldar warriors was defiantly a good call as it gives me a lot more useful anti- infinity shots.

Farseer – 140
Runes of witness, Runes of warding, Spirit stones, guide, mind war (just to swap)

Karandras - 215

5 Pathfinders – 120

8 Dire avengers – 96

3 War walkers – 180
6 x scatter laser

6 Fire dragons – 96

Falcon – 135
Missile launcher

Fire prism - 115

Dark Eldar

Haemonculus – 55
Venom blade

10 warriors – 115
Blaster, syberite

5 wyches – 60
Haywire grenades

Venom – 65
2 x splinter cannon

Ravager – 105
3 x dark lance

Total: 1497

I'm going to give this list a go, but I'm not sure if it will be any good. If this doesn’t work I might just drop the tanks and see if I can make a foot list work. Instead of 3 games, I'm going to do 2 as that should hopefully speed the evolution process. The battle plan is to have the phoenix lord go off on his own by infiltrating and getting in the way. The warrior unit will hang at the back while the dire avengers act like a body guard for the farseer who will hopefully cast stuff where it’s needed. The tanks will go where they are needed and hopefully kill with their fire power. So I will have a fire base and half my force will attack up a flank.

So lets see how the list works... 

No comments:

Post a Comment