Wednesday 23 January 2013

Parallel evolution - the list splits




First of all thanks to everyone that has been commenting about my army lists the feedback has been a real help. But because of that feedback I have come up with two list, both stemming from my wraithstar list but going in slightly different directions. Let me know what you think...


First off this is the list that is most directly coming from the feel back you guys have given me.

Eldar ‘WraithStar V2’ - 1498

Farseer- 140 (warlord) w/ wraithguard
Guide, fortune, runes of warding, spirit stones

10 Wraithguard- 396
Warlock, conceal, spirit seer

10 Guardians- 95
Scatter laser

5 Warp spiders- 137
Exarch, withdraw

3 War walkers- 180
Scatter lasers

2 war walkers – 80
Shuriken cannons

The Baron- 105

5 warriors – 60
Blaster

Venom – 65
2 x cannon

5 Warriors – 60
Blaster

Venom – 65
2 x cannon

Ravager – 115
Night shield, 3 x dark lance

This list has had to have a few compromises in order to fit everything in. The small squad of walkers had to be downgraded to shuriken cannons and I couldn’t afford to get a second spinner for the spider exarch. I did add guide and spirit stones to the farseer in order to get the most out of the scatter walkers. This list is more of the same but hopefully just better at what the list should be doing.

The second list focuses more on the wraithstar unit in order to hopefully make them better in combat and more resilient to shooting. I call it the ghostStar list

Eldar ‘GhostStar’ list 1494

Eldrad – 210

Farseer – 85
Fortune

10 Wraithguard – 396
Warlock, conceal, spirit seer

10 guardians – 95
Scatter laser

3 war walkers – 180
Scatter lasers

2 war walkers – 120
Scatter lasers

The baron – 105

5 warriors – 60

Venom – 65
2 x cannon

7 warriors - 63

Ravager – 115
Night shield, 3 x lance

This list takes from the idea of the Invisi-council, using eldrad to try and get invisibility to cast on the wraithguard. If it is cast, it will give them a 2+ cover save out in the open, and with the second farseer I can give them fortune, so re-roll failed saves. If they are in combat the opponent is WS 1 making them less likely to die to power fists and the like allowing me to hit and run in once piece. Or at least that's the plan. The rest of the army had to take a hit however, but I can live with that for now. Provided the unit of wraithguard survive, they have the chance to do some real damage, and with eldrad in the unit, they have a little more punch in combat.

So what of these two lists would you suggest using? I will probably try using both of them but I would like your opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I like the first one better but would tweak just minorly.

    I like Doom on my Farseer instead of Guide. Doom is 24'' and doesnt require LOS. Also, you can use it in CC. Also, Doom + Venoms= Pretty Damn Good.

    I would also take off Withdraw. You dont need it. Use the points for the extra Spinner on the Exarch. Warp Spiders already get the extra move in the assault phase anyway, Withdraw I think is a waste.

    You would have a little extra points and couple throw some Singing Spears on the Spiritseer and the Farseer. Str 9 against vehicles in CC is nice to have.

    I LOVE running Eldrad with Wraithguard. But, I think the second list relies on Invisibility. When I run Eldrad with Wraithguard I use him for Fortune. Incase he fails he can cast it again. I just think at 1500pts, he is a lot of points and takes up too much of your army.

    I also dont like the 7 random Warriors. I would rather trade them out for Jetbikes.

    Just some thoughts, but I like that you keep evolving!

    ReplyDelete